July 20, 2012
Mainly because I don't have any canning jars. So that means a trip to the store.
That would mean I have to actually get myself "fixed", chase my child through the house while clutching a pair of almost-too-small spiderman underwear, yelling, "Yes, you have to wear underpants!" Then body slam him to the ground, while I wrestle a shirt over his head.
What? Your kid dresses himself?
Mine looks like he's about to run away and join the circus whenever he does it himself. Of course, some days the process of getting him dressed makes me feel like I'VE joined the circus.
So you see why I haven't made jam yet? I decided to go with a grilled sandwich instead. These sandwiches are so easy and sooo tasty. Nice toasty bread, slathered with cream cheese and strawberry preserves, topped with fresh sliced peaches and crispy bacon.
Mmmm. Definitely a nice change from the usual.
Grilled Strawberry Peach & Bacon Sandwiches
Yield: 1 Printable Recipe
1 tbsp butter
2 slices of good quality bread
1-2 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp strawberry preserves
1/2 cup fresh slices peaches, skins removed
2 strips of cooked bacon
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook your bacon until crispy. Place on paper towel to drain and set aside.
2. Toast buttered bread on a hot griddle until brown.
3. Remove bread to a plate, and spread each piece with cream cheese, then a small amount of strawberry preserves.
3. Top with sliced peaches, cooked bacon, and other side of bread.
4. Drool, eat, and drool some more.