March 5, 2012
I love asparagus. From their flowery little heads to their crunchy stalks, I could eat it all day long. My favorite way to fix it is really yummy and just as quick and simple. I’m all for quick and simple side dishes!
You just need a few pantry staples, olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper….and the finishing touch a generous sprinkling of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Roasting it really brings out the delicious flavor!
Next time you need a quick side dish, try this one out, I’m pretty sure you’ll like it.
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
(serves 2) Printable Recipe
12-15 pieces of fresh asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
sea salt (to taste)
fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
2. Cut the ends off the bottom of the asparagus stalks and discard.
3. Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet.
4. Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over the asparagus.
5. Generously sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
6. Sprinkle the parmesan over the asparagus.
7. Roast in oven for 5-7 minutes, until the asparagus just begins to soften and the cheese has melted and starts to turn golden.
Serve hot and enjoy! Don’t forget to scrape the crunchy cheese goodies from the pan – that’s the best part.